24 November 2009

Haiku Experiment

Haiku Experimentation

My brain is a bee
Always flying and buzzing
About the honey

Groaning and creaking
Like an old house in winter
My lungs collapse, open

Thoughts come like bullets
Gorge on my fleshy peach brain
An attempt to kill

Concrete drinks water
Transforming: black licorice
Green with mold, envy

Writing a haiku
Tough as nails and hard as stone
Picking words like apples

Nature coalesced
Florida orange blossoms
Roots, branch, shoots, leaves, bloom

Floating spider webs
Relentless creation, the sign
of a new morning

Baby powder snow
Dissolving ice on a road
Salt on everything

I am the ink pen
Convinced of my permanence
Writing a statue

Sticky mud on shoes
Retreated sun behind clouds
November morning

Trading sun for moon
Sunscreen and swim suits for scarves
Autumn evening

The moon hangs so low
Even insects are hiding
Autumn evening

Shakes leaves like a lab
Cardboard helicopters float
Daybreak in autumn

Spitting bluejay songs
My freckles soak up the sun
November morning

No more grass trimmings
Hanging scent of chlorophyll
The end of summer

Hearing my own breath
A mattress spring is stretching
I know I’m alive

No comments: